2020 - The year that gave us a global pandemic, travel bans, business closures, lockdown, and homeschooling! So, it's pretty safe to say that most people will be thrilled to see the back of it. It is also safe to say that stress levels for most of us have reached stratospheric heights.
The Stress in America™ 2020 survey reveals that Americans have been profoundly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic saying:
"Almost 8 in 10 adults (78%) say the coronavirus pandemic is a significant source of stress in their life. 2 in 3 adults (67%) say they have experienced increased stress over the course of the pandemic."
Even without Covid, life is stressful, and many of us should make a promise to make 2021 the year we take a breath and try to reduce our stress levels for good.
Why is Stress So Bad For You?
When exposed to stress, your cortisol levels increase, heightening your senses so you can deal with dangerous or stressful situations. This natural hormone reaction is what has kept humans safe from danger for millions of years. However, if you are in a constant state of stress with consistently elevated cortisol levels, it can play havoc with your long term health.
- Rapid weight gain mainly in the face, chest, and abdomen
- Flushed and round face
- High blood pressure
- Muscle weakness
- Mood swings, anxiety, depression, and irritability
Tackle Your Stress Levels With Male Excel
Stress is everywhere, and unless you live on a paradise island with no worries in the world, you will be exposed to it daily. It is not feasible to expect a stress-free life, but there are plenty of ways to limit its impact over the coming year and take control.
- Learn to say no!
- Learn to relax
- Get organized
- Be positive
- Get outdoors
- Avoid unhealthy habits
- Help other people and spread the love!
- Connect with people
- Eat healthily and exercise
Stress reduction is not easy, but it is an essential part of living a long healthy life. Stress increases blood sugar levels, increases fat in the blood, increasing the risk of blood clots, heart attack, and stroke. Chronic stress seriously affects testosterone production, resulting in a decline in sex drive or libido, even causing erectile dysfunction. Cortisol also reduces the beneficial effects of testosterone on the body. Meaning you are more likely to develop dangerous belly fat and diabetes along with tiredness, depression, poor sleep, and muscle loss.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) restores your hormone levels and the health benefits taken away by stress. BHRT will lessen the negative impact stress has on your body, enabling you to live a healthier, more productive life.
- Improved cardiovascular health: healthy heart and lungs are essential to keep you fit and healthy. If your engine runs without stress, so will you!
- Maintains a good circadian rhythm (sleep pattern): A lack of sleep reduces testosterone and increases stress. Sleep is a fantastic stress buster!
- More lean muscle, less fat, and a healthier body: All will improve self-image and reduce stress.
- Improved motivation and reduced symptoms of depression: Testosterone will boost your confidence and ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Improved red blood cell count: Testosterone increases red blood cell production, so oxygen is delivered more efficiently around the body.
- Stress weakens your immune system: This leaves you more open to viral infections and frequent illnesses, especially important in this current climate!
Optimize your hormones this New Year to reach optimum testosterone levels, and your body will have the ability to eliminate many of the causes of stress. BHRT from Male Excel will empower you with strength, vitality, and motivation so that you can take on 2021 with confidence.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please consult a doctor.