Deciding which erectile dysfunction treatment is right for you can be a little confusing with so many products available. Having the realization that you have an issue 'down there' is hard enough. Having to confront your fears, meet up with a doctor, and discuss your problems face to face makes things ten times worse!
Around 50% of men between 40 and 70 will experience erectile dysfunction (E.D.) at some point. For many, it is a recurring problem. The great news is that the days of having to leave your home and have awkward doctor consultations are behind you! You can now do the whole process online, discuss your options with a doctor, place your order, and then have your meds delivered right to your door.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction or impotence is not always part of growing older. This common condition is when you can't get an erection long enough to complete a sexual encounter satisfactorily. E.D.
Indicators that you might be suffering from E.D include:
- You may be able to get an erection, but not for long.
- You can't get hard enough for penetration.
- You can't get it up at all.
- Inconsistent erections, sometimes you can, sometimes you can't!
E.D. is no laughing matter, is frustrating, embarrassing, and can be an indicator of a potentially serious health problem such as clogged arteries or cardiovascular disease. However, in most cases, it is easily treatable, and here are many options to help you decide which erectile dysfunction treatment is right for you.
Erectile Dysfunction is certainly not a lack of desire (although in some cases it can be). Many guys are willing, but just not able! The knock-on effects of this can ruin relationships and cause deep psychological issues.
What Causes E.D?
As men get older, the likelihood of getting E.D. does increase. This increase is usually due to underlying health conditions caused by lifestyle, injury, hormone imbalance or illness.
Common causes of E.D. include.
- Alcohol abuse
- Illegal drugs
- High blood pressure
- Heart and blood vessel damage
- Nerve damage through illness or accident
- A Hormone imbalance
Some medications can cause erectile dysfunction, including some antihistamines and common antidepressants such as fluoxetine (Prozac) and Sertraline (Zoloft).
What E.D. Treatments are Available?
Several erectile dysfunction treatments are available, from hormone therapy to E.D. pills (Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5 Inhibitors) which are very similar in the way they work.
Erectile function is dependant on Nitric Oxide (N.O.), a vasodilator produced in nearly every cell in your body. When you become sexually aroused, it helps widen the blood vessel enabling blood to rush into the penis. E.D pills such as Viagra® and Cialis® help to increase the effects of N.O. It is essential to remember without sexual arousal, this type of medication will not work. Without arousal, your body won't produce N.O, so you will not get hard.
Hormones also play a huge role in getting an erection. If you are suffering from reduced testosterone, you will find it much more difficult to get hard. The reason for this is also because of Nitric Oxide. Without enough testosterone, your body produces less nitric oxide meaning even with the help of PDE5 inhibitors, you still might not get hard.
Notably, many common causes of E.D. include significant symptoms of low testosterone, such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, depression, atherosclerosis (clogged arteries), high blood pressure, fatigue, and low libido. Many guys don't realize that the relationship between testosterone levels and E.D. is even an issue. By optimizing testosterone levels (along with lifestyle improvements), you can lose your excess weight, reduce bad cholesterol, improve cardiovascular health, and get your erections back!
To check your testosterone symptoms, follow this link for a free assessment.
Common E.D Medication
- Generic Sildenafil (Viagra®)
- Generic Tadalafil (Cialis®)
- Genric Daily Tadalafil (Daily Cialis®)
- Generic Vardenafil (Levitra®, Staxyn®)*
- Generic Avanafil (Stendra®)*
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
(*not available via Male Excel)
E.D. medication works in around 70-80% of cases and relieves symptoms for millions of men every year. They cannot increase the desire to have sex (libido) and are not always effective. Some men with certain conditions may not see any or have limited results.
Are E.D Medications Safe for Everyone?
Viagra® was the first-ever effective erectile dysfunction treatment to hit the general market and was initially intended to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. Viagra®, it turns out, had hidden properties, relieving erectile dysfunction in men.
Viagra ® soon became the fastest-selling E.D. medication in history. This medication, however, is not suitable for all men. One side effect of Viagra® (and other PDE5 Inhibitors) is that it can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. This drop in pressure is caused by our old friend nitric oxide, which widens blood vessels in your penis and elsewhere in your body. The relaxed vessels open up and can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
For this reason, if you suffer from any of the following, you should avoid E.D. medications.
- If you are taking nitrates or nitroglycerin, theses are also vasodilators like Nitric oxide (which relax your blood vessels)
- If you have hypotension (very low blood pressure)
- If you suffer from heart disease or have had heart failure
Which Erectile Dysfunction Medication is Right for Me?
Not all erectile dysfunction treatments have the same effects on the body. As to deciding which one is right for you, there are several considerations to take. Some treatments such as TRT are long term and are usually a permanent solution which restore a guys testosterone levels for the benefit of overall health.
Some are short-lasting, whereas others remain in your system for longer. Some work quickly, yet some take a while to build up in your body and get to work. Male Excel prescribe testosterone therapy and also supply generic versions of Viagra®, Daily Cialis®, and Cialis®. They contain the same active ingredients as the non-generic versions, produced under license, but without the insanely high price tags.
Testosterone replacement therapy helps to improve your long term health by restoring your hormones to a similar level as your twenties. And, yes some guys get back the same virility they had back in the day! However, this treatment is a long term investment and is not a simple as just popping a pill. To read about the benefits of testosterone replacement therapy you can read more here.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Benefits
- More muscle, less fat, and a healthier body means less visceral fat (the leading cause of premature death in the USA). Less fat means, lower cholesterol, improved blood flow, and bigger better boners, not to mention improved staying power!
- Improved sexdrive, motivation, and reduced symptoms of depression. Giving you a much needed boost in and out of the bedroom!
- Improved red blood cell count, some studies show testosterone treatment can increase red blood cell production, so oxygen is delivered more efficiently from your lungs to your organs including the penis!
- Better cardiovascular health, a healthy heart, and lungs are key to getting hard.
Which E.D. Medication to Choose (PDE5 Inhibitors)
Generic Viagra®, generic Cialis®, and generic daily Cialis® all have slightly different effects. To help you decide which erectile dysfunction medication suits you and your lifestyle. What Are The Differences Between Sildenafil & Tadalafil?
Generic Sildenafil (Viagra®)
- Works in about 1 hour (faster than Tadalafil if you are in a hurry)
- Lasts 4-8 hours
- Take with water on an empty stomach
- We start you on half a 100mg tablet (50mg) only once in 24hrs!
- $65 for 6 x 100mg pills (first month $35 for 6 x 100mg pills)
- Works in 1-2 hours
- Lasts up to 36 hours (great for a cheeky weekend away)
- Take with water on an empty stomach or with food
- 20mg tablet
- Price: $65 for 6 x 20mg pills (first month $35 for 6 x 20 mg pills)
Generic Daily Tadalafil (Cialis®)
- Starts to work in about 3-5 days, and then you should achieve an erection on demand!
- Effects last for as long as you take it, so no need to plan like with Generic Viagra® and Cialis®
- Take with water, with or without food at the same time each day
- 5mg every day
- Price: $89 per month (first month $29 for 30 x 5mg pills)
Not all erectile dysfunction treatments take the same amount of time to work. Some last for days, some for a few hours—only 'Daily Tadalafil' works whenever the mood takes you and is effective with no planning. The ability to have spontaneous sex is a game-changer for so many men, which is why this daily medication has become so popular. This low dose drug builds in your system to a level where as soon as you become aroused, things start to happen 'down there,' as if you never had a problem.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please consult a doctor.